Backend DevOps Engineer
Data has changed the world — and we’re changing how data is analyzed, presented, and consumed. GoodData is a cloud-based business intelligence platform revolutionizing the way in which companies provide analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating seamlessly into workflows and products,
Backend DevOps Engineers are an essential part of the GoodData platform team. We are constantly iterating, designing, and coding our way to excellence. If you're an enthusiastic and talented developer who wants to work in a team of talented, driven individuals then we'd love to hear from you.
GoodData has passed the stage when we were solely focussed on nursing our core assets like the GoodData Analytical Engine and the cloud-born GoodData Platform.
Joining the team gives you the opportunity to work on a disruptive Data-Warehouse-as-a-Service in a cloud that’s still in its early stages. We're changing the way businesses make decisions. Jump in and let's change it with us.
You would become part of the BEST Team, which is based in Prague and is managed by Jiří Šitina. We are working on a component responsible for users of the platform, as well as other brainteasing tasks, such as back-ups (+ making them scale). We are using microservices architecture built from scratch and managing the traffic with REST APIs.
If you are interested in hearing more, our recruiter Jitka Balíková will get in touch.
Your tasks will include:
- Design and implementation of the core platform services allowing to deploy GoodData components in a distributed cloud deployment. These include but are not limited to:
- Messaging middleware
- Task and job processing container
- Workflow management service
- Notification service
- Logging and auditing
- Participate in the ongoing evolution of the GoodData platform.
- Leading proactive cross-team communication (between cities and areas of responsibility)
- Technical design and documentation authoring
What you will need to know:
- Data structures, algorithms, and distributed programming knowledge are essential
- Keen interest and passion for middleware and messaging technologies
- System-level programming
- Solid knowledge of Perl and/or any similar language (the original part of the system is written in Perl, we are slowly migrating to Kotlin)
- Written English is a must (we have an international team)
A big plus is:
- Experience with distributed applications development
- Fluent English
- 25 days of vacation + 6 sick days
- Flexible working hours + home office
- Informal working environment, relax zones, gym
- Meal contribution
- Cafeteria program
- Annual bonus program
- Stock options program
- Referral bonus program
- Free beverages and snacks in the office
- GoodLife program: sport and cultural events
- Company events: hackathons, pub times, events for families e.g. Halloween, St. Nicholas Day, etc.
- Dogs friendly office
- Free tickets to ZOO
- Company laptop: MacBook or Lenovo
- Mobile phone with company tariff
- In Karta 25 CZ Railways