Sales Engineer, Strategic Customer Growth
About the Role
As a Sales Engineer, Strategic Customer Growth, you will be responsible for working with GoodData's largest customers to inspire and help them evolve their current solution based on the ever-changing needs of their end-users. This individual will focus on developing a shared vision for customer’s data products and help deliver innovative, collaborative analytics using the GoodData proprietary platform.
You will be responsible for bringing GoodData's best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers through consultative engagements. Your primary responsibility will be to partner with GoodData customers and various internal teams to build credibility and trust in GoodData's technology while addressing any objections and hurdles that may prevent customers from growing with us.
You should be comfortable consulting with C-level executives, backed by a solid understanding of their business objectives, while also acquiring technical knowledge of GoodData’s product functionality and tools. You should possess strong analytical and sales skills, functional BI knowledge, database and/or data warehousing skills, and the ability to articulate value and inspire customers about the potential of GoodData.
What you’ll do
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle with the customers. This includes creating high-quality professional presentations, prototypes, custom demos and proof of concepts, delivering technical deep-dive sessions & workshops, and conducting use-case discovery & product strategy alignment.
- Design and develop data analytics products which help our clients deliver analytics and reporting to their customers. Bring your previous experience and industry knowledge to inspire GoodData customers and prospects with the art-of-the-possible with their data products.
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business needs and pain points into an analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry, domain and client dynamics.
- Consult with clients on design and system requirements as they develop, or as new data become available, and modify customized software to improve performance after validation of new product features. Develop a shared vision of the future for the customer product.
- Proactively broaden and deepen relationships with customers by working with varying levels of their business and technical team members.
- Present to a wide variety of audiences ranging from C-suite executives to technical evaluators.
- Keep current on GoodData product releases and new features while maintaining knowledge of the broader technology landscape and developments related to GoodData.
- Serve as technical liaison with internal stakeholders (e.g. Product Management, Product Marketing, and Professional Services) to include documenting and delivering product feedback and new requirements from the field.
- Be expected to travel 15% of the time.
- Minimum 3+ years of client-facing experience in a pre-sale or post-sale capacity (Sales Engineer, Solutions Consultant) with an Enterprise Analytics vendor, Professional Services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group of a F100, or similar environment.
- A strong customer focus, expertise on business analytics & architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to develop simple solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and technical teams.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges to engineers.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to uncover the key business value and formulate an ROI/TCO to help prospect’s executive team to justify the investment.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to influence both technical and executive audiences.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Lumira), BI tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Cognos), ETL Tools (Informatica, SnapLogic, Talend, Clover).
- Background in computer science, analytics, data science, statistics, applied math, operations research, machine learning, or cloud computing.
- Experience with SaaS deployments, particularly embedded analytics.