Director, Channel Sales
Data has changed the world — and we’re changing how data is analyzed, presented, and consumed.
GoodData with it’s a next-generation offering of composable data and analytics is revolutionizing the way in which companies provide analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating seamlessly into workflows and products, GoodData allows clients to provide custom data and analytics to anyone in their ecosystem. We take the value of data seriously, so our systems and platforms maintain the highest standards for security — without compromising on performance.
Join the GoodData team to help bring data-driven decision-making to everyone, enabling others to work smarter, faster, and more effectively.
Reporting to our VP of Sales Strategy, GoodData seeks a Director, Channel Sales to lead our indirect go-to-market strategy and revenue for the United States and selected international markets initially. The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience managing and creating complex partnerships that are instrumental to the success of the business. Channels could include Systems Integrators, Alliance Partners, VARs, Distributors, or MarketPlaces. The Sr. Director, Channel Sales, will grow our partner network and collaborate closely with the sales team, sales enablement, and marketing organization to execute against our partner strategy.
What will you do?
- Drive GoodData revenue growth through channel sales.
- Carry annual channel sales quota.
- Identify, recruit and nurture channel and reseller partnerships to support revenue growth.
- Develop our channel sales strategy, including assisting with program definition, management, and objectives.
- Plan, create, develop, progress, and close channel sales pipeline.
- Establish Partner execution plans for mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Manage and weekly present in-direct sales forecast.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all channel partners.
- Enable channel partners' sales teams.
- Support partner sales activities with webinars, tradeshows, and roadshows.
- Support partner sales cycles and help accelerate through content, access to experts, and resources.
- Create and execute joint GTM and demand generation plans with channel partners.
- Organize and manage quarterly business reviews with channel partners.
- Build strategic relationships with partners at multiple levels.
- Negotiate commercial business terms and contracts.
- Be the voice of the partner community in our planning and strategy.
- Ensure Partner compliance with Channel Partner programs and agreements.
The successful Channel Sales Director will have:
- 5+ years of channel sales experience.
- A deep understanding of partner sales models, in particular 2-tier distribution models.
- Enthusiasm for, and ability to strongly evangelize, GoodData’s value proposition.
- Extensive experience in channel sales management.
- Leadership, organization, and management strength.
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality.
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities.
- Experience and understanding of the Data and Analytics domain.
- Comfort with fast-paced, high-pressure environments and ambitious goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Established channel relationships and networks with knowledge or programs that help create demand and sales.
- Ability to travel - sometimes internationally - up to 40% of the time.
It is nice if you have:
- Experience with open-source, data virtualization, analytics, data-warehousing, and other cloud technologies.
- International Channel Sales Experience.
- Channel Sales Experience with an established Data or Analytics organization.