Senior/Principal SW Engineer (Kotlin)
We’re looking for a skilled and flexible Software Engineer with strong knowledge of the JVM ecosystem (preferably Spring framework) and distributed applications, to join our team focusing on a brand new product - a new generation of hybrid-cloud Analytics platform based on technologies such as Kotlin, Spring, Kubernetes and capable of running in both the public and private cloud.
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic and international environment. There will be room for initiative and we are proud of our open and informal culture. The salary will correspond to your experience.
What will you do?
- Develop a set of Kotlin+Spring based services forming a containerized platform.
- Face the challenges of developing a distributed, highly scalable application.
- Deliver high quality code backed by automated testing.
- Influence technical solutions and processes & best practices within the team.
- Take part in both internal and public API design and implementation.
You love writing software, especially when it solves real problems and delivers value to customers. You have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and good software engineering practices. You are proactive, open minded, and like working in teams.
You are passionate about improving at whatever you do. Learning a new language or a technology is something you enjoy.
Knowledge / experience requirements
- Experience with Kotlin / Java, Spring, Java frameworks/technologies in general.
- Passion for clean code and design, interest in TDD / component testing.
- Experience with software design patterns and enterprise application design patterns.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
It is nice if you have
- MS. or a similar degree in Computer Science / Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin language and back-end ecosystem incl. Spring Boot internals.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of the web technologies (HTTP, HTML, TS/JS, JSON... ) and modern FE frameworks.
- Experience with distributed application development.
- Experience with Gradle build systems for large scale Java or Kotlin applications.
- Experience with BI platforms and Big Data.
- Experience with DB design and tuning.
- Interest in the broader technology landscape (TS/JS, Python, Erlang...).
- Experience working in a scrum/agile environment.
Data has changed the world — and we’re changing how data is analyzed, presented, and consumed.
GoodData is a cloud-based business intelligence platform revolutionizing the way in which companies provide analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating seamlessly into workflows and products, GoodData allows clients to provide custom data and analytics to anyone in their ecosystem. We take the value of data seriously, so our systems and platforms maintain the highest standards for security — without compromising on performance.
Join the GoodData team to help bring data-driven decision making to everyone, enabling others to work smarter, faster and more effectively.
Goodies we have ready for you
- 25 vacation days + 6 sick days
- Annual bonus
- Edenred Cafeteria that you can use for shopping or e.g. for your
- Pension plan contributions
- Language courses
- Multisport card
- Stock options
- Mobile phone & mobile phone tariff
- Meal contribution
- IN Karta 25 for CZ railway
- Extra Perks
- Flexible working hours; work from home
- Kitchens full of free beverages and snacks and coffee machines always ready to boost your energy
- Company Events: hackathons, pub meetups, family events on International Children’s Day, Halloween, St. Nicholas Day etc.
- GoodLife activities: sport and cultural events
- Standing desks if you like
- Dog friendly offices
- Bike storage, gym (Prague) and showers
- Informal working environment, relax zones, board games
- Laptop for Personal Use (MacBook or Lenovo)
- Free tickets to ZOO in Prague and Brno for you and your family