Customer Success Engineer (full-time or part-time)
We are looking for a skilled BI and/or ETL specialist, willing to become a part of the GoodData Customer Success Engineering (CSE) team. You will primarily work in a Solution Engineer role, therefore performing the actual investigating, troubleshooting, analysing, developing, integrating, adapting, implementing and maintaining customer's projects.
Timely, effective, responsive and empathetic communication with both business and technical customer representatives are key to maintaining successful relationships with our clients. In addition, your contribution to the overall architecture of the project is welcome (and expected). There's also an opportunity to participate in the development of the general infrastructure for running the projects.
We're looking for someone who can explain technical concepts to people with varied technical experience.
We are currently a small group of 3 in a hybrid SCRUM-style team of solution engineers engaged in supporting clients and their account owners with their data products. Offering development and maintenance as well as advisory services to help customers develop their own data products.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support and development services for implementation of analytical applications and BI solutions for accessing and analyzing data.
- Execute deep troubleshooting and drive resolution of customer issues. Record, track progress and escalate platform issues.
- Prepare data visualizations, dashboards, and reports.
- Scripting and configuring components for automated executions, data marts provisioning, etc. Data pipeline performance tuning and query optimization.
- Develop a trusted partnership with key stakeholders and customer organizations.
- Collaborates with the various teams to ensure that problems are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Promote best practices for analytical applications and suggest how to derive the best out of customer’s data products.
- Provide technical support and development services for implementation of analytical applications and building data visualizations, dashboards, and reports.
- Cooperate closely with US based clients and account owners - be available for investigations, providing guidance and maintenance of their BI platform.
- Proven relevant work experience.
- Making use of logical and analytical thinking in investigating and troubleshooting.
- Very good knowledge of SQL and experience with design and implementation of ETL processes.
- Able to empathize and observe the subtle tendencies of a customer’s needs.
- Be well-versed in the particular working language (English, optionally Czech) and should be able to communicate well with people from all walks of life.
- Know how to patiently handle technical queries and explain and guide the customer to the appropriate solution(s).
- Preference for working within non-conventional business hours, free during mornings and starting your day from mid-afternoon until evening.
It is nice if you have:
- Experience with relational and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with work in customer-oriented (consulting-like) team
- Experience with SQL query tuning and optimisation
- Ability to work in Unix environment
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Ruby, Python or other)
- Knowledge of Web Services, REST
- Knowledge of Git
Data has changed the world — and we’re changing how data is analyzed, presented, and consumed.
GoodData is a cloud-based business intelligence platform revolutionizing the way in which companies provide analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating seamlessly into workflows and products, GoodData allows clients to provide custom data and analytics to anyone in their ecosystem. We take the value of data seriously, so our systems and platforms maintain the highest standards for security — without compromising on performance.
Join the GoodData team to help bring data-driven decision making to everyone, enabling others to work smarter, faster and more effectively.
Goodies we have ready for you
- 25 vacation days + 6 sick days
- Edenred Cafeteria that you can use for shopping or e.g. for your
- Pension plan contributions
- Language courses
- Multisport card
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Annual Bonus
- Stock options
- Mobile phone & mobile phone tariff
- Meal contribution
- IN Karta 25 for CZ railway
- Extra Perks
- Flexible working hours; work from home
- Kitchens full of free beverages and snacks and coffee machines always ready to boost your energy
- Company Events: hackathons, pub meetups, family events on International Children’s Day, Halloween, St. Nicholas Day etc.
- GoodLife activities: sport and cultural events
- Standing desks if you like
- Dog friendly offices
- Bike storage, gym (Prague) and showers
- Informal working environment, relax zones, board games
- Laptop for Personal Use (MacBook or Lenovo)
- Free tickets to ZOO in Prague and Brno for you and your family