Product Manager Analytics
We are looking for a product manager to join our product management team in Czech Republic. We are seeking someone with practical experience with data analysis or Business Intelligence. Domain experience is more important for us than advanced product management skills. So this position is ideal for a data engineer, architect or data analyst who would like to become a product manager. We seek pragmatic team player with English fluency, communication skills, and proven data analysis experience.
Our product managers are responsible for the future direction of our product. They collect and manage important information and feedback from our customers, prospects, customer-facing GoodData employees, analysts, and competition. They are primarily responsible for definition of strategy and roadmap in the assigned product area. Product managers work with product owners, UX designers, and architects on it’s delivery. They also participate in product launches, help to create articles, demos, and videos, and education courses to drive GoodData platform adoption and user’s engagement . Currently, the team consists of four product managers who work with four product owners.
What will you do?
- Own product strategy and roadmap in assigned product areas and communicate it to the rest of the company.
- Define the ideal balance between scope, and time to market for product roadmap’s milestones .
- Prioritize the product roadmap milestones.
- Actively participate in customer-facing communications (sales, services, support) to learn more about GoodData users and their needs.
- Regularly engage with your customer-facing colleagues to follow up on our customer’s and prospect’s needs and communicate their product strategy and roadmap.
- Watch and learn from our competitors.
- Help product owners with grooming the product strategy and roadmap to engineering backlogs.
- Work UX designers and architects to design ideal product experiences and technical architecture.
- Help product marketing managers to map the new product’s capabilities to current market trends.
- Provide materials for product marketing launches.
- Participate on pricing definition
- You have practical experience with design, and implementation of analytics solutions.
- Know SQL and other analytical languages.
- You know ER modeling techniques and its data warehouse specifics.
- Know and use some analytical tool or platform (e.g. PowerBI, Looker, Microstrategy, Cognos, BusinessObjects, or similar).
- Have experience with ETL, and data transformation tools.
- You are communicative and like engaging with users and discovering how they use or want to use your product.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are or want to become a product manager.
It is nice if you have
- Experience with machine learning models and tools.
- Experience with Python, Scala data frameworks and platforms (e.g. Spark, NumPy, Pandas, etc.).
- Knowledge of advanced statistics.
- You used some cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift.
- You have experience with designing DSLs.
- Product management experience.
Data has changed the world — and we’re changing how data is analyzed, presented, and consumed.
GoodData is a cloud-based business intelligence platform revolutionizing the way in which companies provide analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating seamlessly into workflows and products, GoodData allows clients to provide custom data and analytics to anyone in their ecosystem. We take the value of data seriously, so our systems and platforms maintain the highest standards for security — without compromising on performance.
Join the GoodData team to help bring data-driven decision making to everyone, enabling others to work smarter, faster and more effectively.
Goodies we have ready for you
- 25 vacation days + 6 sick days
- Annual bonus
- Edenred Cafeteria that you can use for shopping or e.g. for your
- Pension plan contributions
- Language courses
- Multisport card
- Stock options
- Mobile phone & mobile phone tariff
- Meal contribution
- IN Karta 25 for CZ railway
- Extra Perks
- Flexible working hours; work from home
- Kitchens full of free beverages and snacks and coffee machines always ready to boost your energy
- Company Events: hackathons, pub meetups, family events on International Children’s Day, Halloween, St. Nicholas Day etc.
- GoodLife activities: sport and cultural events
- Standing desks if you like
- Dog friendly offices
- Bike storage, gym (Prague) and showers
- Informal working environment, relax zones, board games
- Laptop for Personal Use (MacBook or Lenovo)
- Free tickets to ZOO in Prague and Brno for you and your family