We take care of data. Sometimes we say that we provide data as a service. Do you need data storage? Here you are! We don’t focus on databases only, we also take care of the operating systems, containers, their upgrades, Ops automation and anything which is required so that the databases run as expected.
We are eight engineers, each of us focusing on his/her expertise but we understand the work of each other and we can help each other or even do the work if needed. We love challenges. Did you know that the best retrospectives are with beer or wine?
Do you think you don’t know all that is listed below? No problem, you can learn it here.
What will you do?
- Help us implement applications, tools and utilities for the database services and components which are the core of the GoodData platform.
- Operations of database and related application services.
- Participate in the ongoing evolution of a fast growing cloud SaaS platform. What does this mean? That we are happy if you come with new ideas.
- Work in an agile environment, with the cooperation and active communication within an autonomous team.
- Be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle (architecture, coding, QA, delivery, ...)
- Be able to contribute also to other parts of the platform, learn new technologies and environments.
- Strong knowledge of at least one dynamic language (Perl or Python).
- At least 2 years of experience with software development.
- Knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar.
- Good knowledge of a Linux environment.
- A self-learner capable of independent work.
- Active English (spoken and written).
It is nice if you have:
- Experience with column-oriented databases (Vertica).
- Experience with other programming languages (Erlang, Java, Kotlin).
- An overview of agile methodologies.
- Experience with building and operating large distributed systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with Puppet.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Ansible.
- DevOps attitude.
Goodies we have ready for you
- 25 vacation days + 6 sick days
- Annual bonus
- Edenred Cafeteria that you can use for shopping or e.g. for your
- Pension plan contributions
- Language courses
- Multisport card
- Stock options
- Mobile phone & mobile phone tariff
- Meal contribution
- IN Karta 25 for CZ railway
- Extra Perks
- Flexible working hours; work from home
- Kitchens full of free beverages and snacks and coffee machines always ready to boost your energy
- Company Events: hackathons, pub meetups, family events on International Children’s Day, Halloween, St. Nicholas Day etc.
- GoodLife activities: sport and cultural events
- Standing desks if you like
- Dog friendly offices
- Bike storage, gym (Prague) and showers
- Informal working environment, relax zones, board games
- Laptop for Personal Use (MacBook or Lenovo)
- Free tickets to ZOO in Prague and Brno for you and your family