At GoHealth Urgent Care, we strive to provide an effortless experience to our customers, providers, and staff. We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our customers’ interaction.
This position will play a key role in developing and enhancing our consumer facing web applications and mobile applications to give our customers peace of mind when they need urgent care. These applications achieve outcomes such as allowing a patient to complete their demographic and insurance details in an efficient and secure manner and feed the information seamlessly into the electronic medical record system. This position will contribute to the design of the production applications and will be working with both the software development team and SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to deliver an unparalleled user experience. Responsibilities will also include working with internal and external teams across the organization to understand our customers’ needs and service offerings and use that information to shape the design and functionality offered in our digital products.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including marketing, physicians, customer experience, operations leadership, as well as others within the IT team. It will require excellent communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail to be able to ask the right questions and gather all the appropriate information needed for new features and/or improvements to existing ones.
4-year CS degree required (or equivalent experience)
- 2-3 years of professional experience performing analysis, writing user stories, and working with business partners to translate business needs into functional and non-functional requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Experience writing detailed, easy to understand user stories that are development ready.
- Experience creating and maintaining product documentation.
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical business partners.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Agile/Scrum software development methodologies, practices, and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with facilitating requirements workshops, backlog grooming sessions, demos, and other agile related ceremonies.
- Comfortable giving presentations/demos to both technical and non-technical stakeholders to diverse audiences
- Ability to perform UAT (user acceptance testing) to ensure development meets agreed upon requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and conceptual thinking
- Ability to create and maintain product roadmap(s)
- Ability to assist with agile project management for projects that are not assigned a PM.
- Stay abreast of Agile/Scrum best practices and trends.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with diagraming tools and/or mockup creation to help visualize requirements.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Healthcare specific experience is a plus
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) across the organization to define requirements based on business needs
- Monitor feedback submissions and work with users to gather enhancement requests to applications, understand evolving needs, and help improve overall experience.
- Lead and facilitate requirements workshops, backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies
- Maintain, groom, and prioritize the product backlog
- Write stories that are detailed, accurate, and development ready.
- Perform requirements analysis and write detailed feature descriptions to help translate business needs into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with the development, marketing, operations teams, etc. to ensure that production software meets business needs
- Help review, verify, and test features and fixes developed by the developers
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation for current and future systems, integrations, and processes.
- Define acceptance criteria and perform User Acceptance Testing before releases
- Communicate and demo product features and functionality to end users and other business stakeholders.