Associate General Counsel - Corporate Transactions
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Associate General Counsel – Corporate Transactions has responsibility for handling all acquisition and joint venture/partnership transactions and for researching and counseling business partners on a variety of business, compliance and legal issues. Also includes responsibility for corporate governance matters and for reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts related to, among other things, vendor/supplier relationships, marketing, urgent care services and debt financings. The Associate General Counsel must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the company and manage legal work for cross functional teams, including finance, operations, IT and the Growth team.
- J.D. required
- Attorney with a minimum of 4 years of transactional experience handling complex corporate and M&A transactions
- Healthcare experience is not required but is a plus.
- Large firm experience and strong credentials are ideal..
- Assumes support and responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations with Chief Legal Officer.
- Identifies risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks involved in potential transaction and contract reviews.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates contracts and transactional documents for acquisitions, joint ventures, vendor arrangements, direct-to-employer agreements and debt financings.
- Completes due diligence.
- Researches and advises on applicable state and federal regulations.
- Provides counsel to business units within the organization, working with Chief Legal Officer as necessary.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Advises on and assesses current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Handles corporate governance matters.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Needs to be practical, efficient and business-minded with an ability to present a business partner with real-world, pragmatic advice.
- Exercises excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is required.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth multi-market environment is necessary