Lead Payment Posting Associate
The Lead Posting Associate is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day processing and posting of all billing deposits in the practice management system, confirmation of bank deposit, record retention of all financial documents, and timely processing for daily and monthly closing process. Responsible for cash posting, collections, payment validation, customer service and correspondence using any patient accounting system, ensure that all processes meet all government mandated procedures for integrity and compliance, performs all responsibilities in a prompt and efficient manner.
High School diploma or GED required
Associates degree in related field preferred
1+ year of related experience and/or training required
Epic or eClinicalWorks experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
Excellent phone, communication, organization skills, computer skills and mathematical skills.
Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
Customer service skills:
o Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
o Ability to handle service issues professionally
o Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
o Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
Medical Terminology & Insurance
o Ability to understand basic medical terminology
o Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
o Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Process and confirm bank deposits to source documents received from daily lockbox
• Post daily deposits into practice management system
• Oversee remittance and credit work queues within ECW & Epic.
• Serves as a point of escalation for payment posters and credit analysts to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Proactively manages credit and payment work queues to address the staffing needs required to be current for both.
• Trains payment posters and credit analysts to work efficiently within the ECW & Epic environment.
• Reconcile Daily Balancing Spreadsheet and provide daily batches for payment posting batches
• Daily receipt of each payment posters day sheet to confirm payments are posted according to batch total which supports and follows the reconciliation process for payments.
• Clear demonstration that all credit cards have been posted (post 48 hours)
• Any non-reconciling payment provided on the exception worksheet (i.e., cash or checks that were taken to the bank and there is not deposit receipt available to view)
• Any claim with a negative balance will be reviewed for posting correction, missing adjustment, or patient/insurance refund request and send to posters.
• Identify root cause of undistributed credits and provide input on streamlining workflows to prevent undistributed credits
• Review, post and correct ERA and manual checks
• Supports month end payment posting requirements including but not limited to being the resource who needs to backfill for any resources who have fallen behind in payment posting to close the month strong.
• Strong customer service skills; answering client calls; prompt return and follow up to all
interactions; prompt response to requests for information, both internally and externally.
• Conduct close-of day and close-of-month process and making sure all systems are in balance before closing
• Communicate with Joint Venture partner regarding any payments that are considered paid but funds have not been received to post to patient accounts
• Organize, identify and improve managers workflow through weekly productivity reports
report challenges and concerns and request need for assistance to Manager.
• Ability to perform the duties of the payment entry specialist and credit analyst.
• Keep manager informed of progress, achievements and issues; assist staff with processes,
information and workload
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures related to the position, the department and the
• Achieve goals set forth by supervisor regarding error-free work, transactions, processes and
• Other duties as assigned.