Lead Medical Assistant
In a collaborative manner, the Lead Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Lead Medical Assistant completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to provide “Unparalleled Experiences” and GO above and beyond for our customers, team members, partners and communities by ensuring that their experience is effortless, personal and connected.
§ Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program
§ High School graduate or GED
§ 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience
§ 5+ years of experience or (medical) military experience in lieu of required certifications listed below
One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 6 month of hire):
· CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
· CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
· RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
· NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Social perceptiveness and service oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
· Support one another and partner as a team
· Actively listen, seek feedback and check for understanding
· Be a servant leader to our customers, team members, partners and communities
· Don’t assume that you always have the right answer
· Create shared success by leveraging the strengths of the entire team
· Embrace new ideas, processes and tools
· Challenge the status quo
· Creatively solve problems
· Strive for continuous improvement
· Test, assess, adjust and learn
Diversity and Inclusion:
· Assume positive intent
· Recognize, value and celebrate our differences
· Respect, connect with and learn from each other
· Actively engage others’ strengths and talents, especially when they are different than your own
· Act, think and listen without bias or prejudice
Courage and Integrity:
· Do the right thing, especially when it is more difficult
· Commit to organizational transparency
· Promote the truth, even when it is unpopular or controversial
· Be ethical, fair and authentic
· Share new ideas with conviction
· Take the initiative and seek more responsibility
· Be specific, objective and actionable
· Possess a bias towards action
· Deliver on time
· Drive results
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
- Support Team Members and Business Operations
- Ensure day to day operations including cash deposits, ordering, inventory management, call backs, etc. are completed regularly with follow-up from ROM.
- Conduct monthly inventory.
- Assist ROM in resolving patient concerns at the center.
- Provide weekly oversight of calibrater calls.
- Drive KPIs and Strategic Initiatives in partnership with ROM (NPS, LWOBs, GoReg, Registration Errors, Conv Pay, MyHealth Registration, Quality Metrics, Etc.)
- Assist ROM with correcting registration errors and chart corrections.
- Timekeeping for all team members based out of their centers.
- Assist center with patient rushes and be available to step in last minute to fill open shifts/call outs without the use of Premium pay.
- Assist with MOD duties during ROM absences, such as during weekly leadership meetings, conference calls, leadership events, weekends, etc.
- Assist in the training and assessment of team members assigned to the center.
- Patient Registration
- Conduct patient registration, which includes securing required paperwork and insurance documentation, and verification of insurance and patient eligibility.
- Process co-pays and schedule patient appointments for assigned center.
- Coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist.
- Answer patient questions regarding their care and keep them informed of their status.
- Patient Preparation and Rooming
- Inform technical staff of patient flow.
- Prepare patients for examination, which includes conducting interviews to verify patient information, record medical history; confirm purpose of visit;
- Perform preliminary physical test (blood pressure, weight, temperature, etc.) for vital signs and escalate critical cases to provider as needed.
- Conduct point of care testing as needed (i.e., flu, strep, urinalysis, ECG, HCG); and provide patient information to provider.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and maintenance of exam rooms, front desk, and reception area; ensure providers have medical supplies needed.
- Responsible for completing order sheets to maintain supply inventory levels; regularly check expiration dates on supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance of medical records and scanning charts to patient files.
- Answer phone calls, collect and sort daily incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- Ensure reception is well maintained
- Conduct curtsey call-backs for patient follow-up.
- Perform opening and closing duties, which includes cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Follow operating instructions to perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment; maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control logs for equipment troubleshoot breakdowns, perform preventive maintenance, and submit repair tickets as needed.