Patient Coordinator/Medical Receptionist - North County
GoHealth Urgent Care has partnered with Mercy, one of the nation's most innovative and integrated care delivery health systems, to create a substantial network of urgent care centers across the Midwest. The partnership provides patients in Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas with greater access to innovative urgent care through state-of-the-art technology and unique patient access tools, such as online registration and appointment scheduling.
The Patient Care Coordinator serves as the initial point of contact with patients and the public on the Center’s behalf. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: welcoming all persons into the Center, makes patients and all visitors feel comfortable, anticipate and attend to the needs of our patients. This position includes answering telephone, routing incoming calls to appropriate party, scheduling patient appointments, collecting time of service payments and assisting in the insurance verification process.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years’ experience in a Customer Service role
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Medical Office experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and type quickly; basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing theright thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.