The Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing exceptional guidance, direction, and technical support for GoHealth’s proprietary registration software and mobile app. As the solutions engineer, you will be partnering with operational leadership and partners to understand business workflows and collaborate effectively with the software development team to aid in planning the roadmap for integrations and new features to ensure the software is delivering an effortless patient and staff experience. This position also plays a key role in supporting the existing functionality and will be responsible to research and resolve workflow and software problems as part of daily support. It is a role that will require the ability to manage multiple projects with varying levels of complexity. This is a highly visible role where you will be working with GoHealth leadership, various roles within IT, and external partners to integrate with and promote the use of our registration software and mobile app to deliver an unparalleled patient experience and overall value to the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience require.
3+ years experience supporting clinical, practice management, or revenue cycle applications required
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels to work cross organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus building skills
A passion to serve the customer, and experience in a customer-facing role like consulting or support
Intermediate knowledge of SQL query writing and SQL server
Excellent analytical and technical problem solving skills
Ability to read and understand code
Strong presentation skills with the ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
Experience with scripting, development, DevOps highly desirable
Expertise in node.JS and popular frontend stack (React, Angular, etc.)
Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software/EHR necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
• Build and manage relationships with end users and operational leaders to understand workflows and how the software facilitates patient care delivery.
• Collaborate with operations leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities for software enhancements and workflow optimization. Research, execute, and build the necessary system setup/changes to successfully achieve desired project outcomes.
• Provide direction and guidance to JV partner health systems in the implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of integrations between GoHealth software solutions and the JV partner EMR systems
• Review and understand business and revenue drivers for feature use and adoption and work to deliver ROI to the organization through creation and prioritization of new or improved features
• Provide detailed specifications for proposed development solutions including technical requirements and scope involved
• Troubleshoot software problems reported by end users and partners through multiple communication channels including ticketing systems, direct communication, etc. to reproduce the problem and correct the root cause.
• Proactively monitor system health and error logs to ensure software system is consistently performing optimally
• Assist in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
• Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitive/comparable products on the market.
• Work with business and operations leadership to coordinate and execute communications around technology and workflow changes.
• Partner with training team to create e-learnings, quick tips, and other “just in time” training content and compose manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
• Escalating risks and issues as appropriate to the project sponsor and/or the external partner.
• Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
• May write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.