Charlotte Medical Assistant
**EXCELLENT BONUS PROGRAM: Quarterly target bonus of up to 5% based on the customer satisfaction scores of your locations. AND up to $450 per month for a productivity bonus if certain center metrics are met.**
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. We would love for you to become a member of our team!
The Medical Assistant assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of an urgent care provider. Manages the check-in and registration process, interview patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Front Desk experience preferred
- CPR/BLS must obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 15 months of hire):
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- NRCMA- Nationally Registered Medical Assistant (verified through the National Association for Health Professionals)
In lieu of an approved MA Certification, we will also except the following certifications at the time of hire:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or LPN or RN
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technician (verified through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social difference
"B" shift is currently open at this location. Please know you may be required to cover other locations as business needs dictate.
Hours of Operation
A Shift -
8 to 8 Mon and Tue
8 to 2 on wed.
9 to 5 Every other weekend.
B Shift -
2 to 8 Wednesday
8 to 8 Thursday and Friday
9 to 5 Every other weekend