Medical Payment Posting Associate
Founded in 2013 on the philosophy that people deserve the highest-quality patient experience in a walk-in care environment, GoHealth Urgent Care has grown to more than 125 state-of-the-art urgent care centers in just a few years. And we continue to expand rapidly.
The Posting Associate is responsible for the day to day processing and posting of all billing deposits in the practice management system, confirmation of bank deposit, record retention of all financial documents, and timely processing for daily and monthly closing process.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in related field preferred
- 1 year of related experience and/or training required
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
- Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
- Medical Terminology & Insurance
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
- Process and confirm bank deposits to source documents received from daily lock box
- Post daily deposits into practice management system
- Conduct close-of day and close-of-month process and making sure all systems are in balance before closing
- Communicate with Joint Venture partner regarding any payments that are considered paid but funds have not been received to post to patient accounts
- Responsible for effective and efficient record retention of financial documents
- All other duties as assigned.