Accounts Receivable - Medical Collections Team Lead
GoHealth Urgent Care partners with healthcare systems across the country to provide unparalleled experiences for our customers, employees, partners and community. We live our values of innovation, collaboration, diversity/inclusion, courage/integrity and accountability. We believe in promoting from within and the value of each team member. Check us out as we are growing and in need of professionals whose mission and values coincide with GoHealth!
This position will oversee the AR associates assigned to this insurance carrier group. The Team Lead will also work carriers as assigned. This includes the timely review of insurance denials and recommendations for bad-debt and adjustments to the manager.
High School Diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
3 years of Healthcare experience required
1 year of progressive management experience preferred
CPAR – Certified Patient Account Representative preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
Epic or eClinicalWorks experience
Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
• Maintain Daily communication with direct reports.
• Maintain a high level customer service approach to working with Accounts Receivable Specialists, payors
• Establish and maintain a high level customer service approach to working with all patients and business partners
• Daily coordination of the assigned AR associates working of outstanding insurance
• Monitoring assigned carrier groups to achieve AR metrics
• Timely re-filing and working of denials in conjunction with coding department
• Identify any denial trends and educational opportunities
• Manage On Boarding process for new employees.
• Complete employee work function set ups including IT, phone, supplies, compliance training, and time clock
• Quarterly performance log review of AR specialists and Annual Performance Appraisal of AR Specialists
Required knowledge, skills and ability:
Customer service skills:
• Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests,
physicians and their staff
• Ability to handle service issues professionally
• Ability to follow through with customers
• Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
• Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
• Ability to type proficiently
• Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
• Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
• Maintain focus under pressure
• Share relevant information with other team members
Medical Terminology & Insurance
• Ability to understand basic medical terminology
• Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
• Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.