Job Title: Medical Assistant
Pay Range: $17.50/hr. – $25.50/hr. (range based off experience)
We are looking for Full Time Medical Assistants in:
Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and weekends!
**EXCELLENT BONUS PROGRAM: Quarterly target bonus of up to 5% based on the customer satisfaction scores of your locations. AND up to $450 per month for a productivity bonus if certain center metrics are met.**
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
In a collaborative manner, the Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Medical Assistant completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our five core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Accountability.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program required
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience under a licenses healthcare supervisor within the last 3 years (ABR-OE from the AAMA must be obtained within 2 weeks of hire if Medical Assistant Certification is not obtained upon hire)
- Medical Assistant experience preferred for Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience within the last 3 years under a licensed healthcare supervisor in lieu of a Medical Assistant program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 12 months of hire
- One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 15 months of hire):
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or LPN at the time of hire
- EMT – Emergency Medical Technician (verified through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
- NRCMA – Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (verified through the National Association for Health Professionals)
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO
- Quarterly performance bonuses