Advanced Practitioner UCA Fellowship Program
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we GO above and beyond for our patients, communities and team members to ensure effortless, personal and connected experiences. That's why we partner with the most innovative and integrated health systems, like Northwell Health, and staff our centers with the most knowledgeable providers.
Our partnership with Northwell Health provides patients in the community with greater access to innovative urgent care through state-of-the-art technology and unique patient access tools, such as online registration and appointment scheduling.
We are excited to announce details about our NEW UCA Fellowship program:
GoHealth Urgent Care Fellowship is a national program accredited by the Urgent Care Association of America. Our program has been vetted and approved by the UCA and the College of Urgent Care Medicine for its fully encompassing approach to learning and preparing advanced care practitioners to work in the field of urgent care medicine.
Program Overview: To provide intensive, high yield training to advanced care practitioners with minimal experience in urgent care, allowing them to function independently in the center. This includes didactic material review, case study review, hands on skills training, and in center training alongside experienced providers.
- Program is run on an annual basis for 6 fellows, training over 6 months, running from May 2024 through the end of September/October 2024 working full time with hours divided between time in center and didactic time
- Mandatory weekly lecture day as well as self-learning
- Research and/or publishing is required to graduate from the fellowship
- Attendance of important fellowship related and Go Health related meetings is mandatory which includes but is not limited to didactics, skills lab, and monthly Town Halls
- Clinical shifts for the duration of the fellowship alongside senior preceptors for hands-on learning, as well as skills labs for procedural training
- The fellowship is broken down into a series of phases, each concluding with an evaluation which must be passed successfully to move on to the next phase of the fellowship. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the fellowship
- Fellows will be evaluated and monitored by our program directors, preceptors, faculty, and core faculty throughout the duration of the program. Failure to meet the expectations and rigors of the program may result in disciplinary action that includes remediation measures or dismissal from the program.
- Fellows will be expected to float through different centers during their clinical rotations which may require travel into a different region (I.e. Pediatric rotation in Nassau)
- Fellows are expected to complete their assigned self-study materials which includes and is not limited to pre-didactic learning material, online lectures and reading material
- Fellows are expected to accurately report and maintain a procedure log and exhibit competency with required procedures to successfully complete the program
- Fellows will also be reviewed based on Go Health’s quality metrics and policies which includes and is not limited to Net Promoter Score (NPS), attendance, and antibiotic stewardship
- Fellows entitled to full time employee benefits during their time in program
- At completion of the fellowship fellow may be offered continued full-time employment based on the regional and market needs
Requirements for Application:
- Advanced practitioners may apply, no prior experience needed
- Fellows expected to have active NYS license and ACLS/BLS/PALS through American Heart Association REQUIRED for consideration. DEA number required at time of credentialing.
- In addition to application, applicants are required to submit a personal statement discussing their interest in the field of urgent care and why they are interested in a fellowship program
- 2 letters of recommendation also required at time of application – can be from employment supervisor, program advisors, professors, preceptors
- Once applications and personal statements are reviewed, candidates will be selected by directors first for screening call with TA team to discuss job specifics and benefits, then those with continued interest will be scheduled with interviews with the fellowship director
APPLICATION TIMELINE: Deadline for application submissions is DUE SOON!
NP/PA Pay Range: $65/hour during Fellowship program
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- CME Allowance
- Paid Time Off