Full Stack Mobile Developer
At GoHealth, we strive to provide an effortless experience to our customers, providers, and staffs. We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our customers’ interaction.
This position will play a key role in developing our consumer facing mobile app and web applications to give our customer peace of mind when they need urgent care. The app will achieve outcomes such as allowing a patient to complete their demographic and insurance details an efficient and secure manner and feed the information seamlessly into the electronic medical record system. This position will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of new features in the mobile app and will be working with the software development team to deliver this amazing user experience. Responsibilities will also include working with leaders across the GoHealth organization to understand our customers and service offerings and use that information to shape the design and functionality offered from the mobile app.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including marketing, physicians, operations leadership, as well as others within the IT team. It will require excellent problem-solving skills to anticipate and solve for complexities before deployment.
4-year CS degree required (or equivalent experience)
2+ years mobile application development using React Native required
Experience supporting physician practices with ambulatory EMR preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
iOS and Android deployment (App Store, Google Play Store)
App layout and user interface development, and architecture design
Proficiency with SQL database technology such as MS-SQL or MySQL
Expertise with REST and GraphQL API technologies including testing and troubleshooting tools
Proficient with both Microsoft and *nix operating systems
Proven record of success using development practices including agile project management, test driven development, continuous deployment, etc.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred Healthcare specific software development experience
Experience with IaaS/PaaS cloud compute resources such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
• Develop React Native mobile apps for iOS and Android that communicate with RESTful/GraphQL APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
• Drive the development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to release. Unify React Native codebase to share across our iOS and Android clients
• Develop/update Web applications as identified by GoHealth leadership and marketing through packaged and customized applications.
• A solid understanding of mobile and application development processes including the software development life cycle.
• Manage production software. You ship it you own it!
• Maintain and build the development pipeline to increase speed, production and quality
• Monitor, identify and relieve bottlenecks and restraints on production systems through development and system tuning
• Ensure the production software is scalable, stable and secure
• Gather and analyze information necessary to create feature mock-ups and obtain design approval from appropriate stake holders
• Use analytical thinking skills to work through complex situations
• Troubleshoot, fix and test software bugs.
• Test and document current and future systems and development.
• Read through code to find discrepancies which prevent applications from running correctly
• Demonstrate strong multitasking and problem-solving skills to identify errors in software.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
• Other duties as assigned.
You'll also be collaborating with a great team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to deliver an effortless patient and staff experience along the way.