Senior Financial Analyst
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for all reporting, projections/forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning, and variance analysis for the corporate overhead functions. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the SFA will act as a liaison between functional support teams, FP&A, JV operations and ACP (corporate), with regard to variance and budget related questions. He/she will maintain existing forecasting/budgeting/reporting models and reports and develop additional reporting/modeling capabilities to enhance the level of analysis provided by the FP&A team to both management and operations. This unique role is ideally suited for a candidate with
- 3+ years’ work experience in related field
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred, or relevant work experience. Open to other backgrounds
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and a self-starter
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
- Experience with variance analysis
- Working knowledge of the 3 financial statements
- Proforma (budgeting) experience
- Ability to communicate in group and one on one setting with C-level and senior leaders on a regular basis
- Process driven, ability to understand and assess existing processes and recommend and implement changes to drive efficiencies (as needs arise)
- Prior financial services experience (investment banking, management consulting, accounting firm) a plus
- Experience in a multi-site, multi-entity, or JV environment a plus
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information
- Analyze and report on current financial results for corporate overhead functions and collaborate with corporate department heads regarding financial results and areas for improvement
- Review and report on total company financial results and develop understanding of flow of funds between JV entities and owner company
- Participate and lead thoughtful discussions in corporate reporting and budgeting meetings with finance and corporate leadership
- Develop new reporting, planning, and forecasting models and tools as needs arise, driven by executive management, operations, and finance leadership
- Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual total company, corporate, and market results
- Understand and evaluate current and past trends in key performance indicators
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting process
- Identify problem areas in the P&L and work collaboratively with accounting, operations, and corporate functions to propose solutions, monitor progress and publish results
- Work with various functions (including accounting, payroll, revenue cycle, IT, etc.) to provide accurate and meaningful analysis and data to executive management
GoHealth is a rapidly growing company, with operations in 13 states. The ideal candidate will be a hands on financial professional with the ability to roll up their sleeves and work effectively across various functions, markets, and with individuals at the top and foundation of the company.
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion:Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.