At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the administration of payroll processing, including but not limited to export of payroll time across multiple locations, employee data entry, maintenance of system, payroll reporting, and communication with management and employees for assigned market(s).
Schedule: 9 am - 6 pm Monday - Friday
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Some College courses preferred
• 5+ years experience of full cycle payroll process experience required
• Experience processing payroll for multiple states
• Experience with payroll system platform(s)
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Efficient knowledge in payroll best practices
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• Able to work under stress to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
• Knowledge of multiple state and local taxes preferred
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
• Process payroll to net complete for assigned Pay Groups.
• Responsible for timely updates and verification of employee changes, including tax withholding's, direct deposits and addresses within the database system
• Serve as the administrator for time and attendance for assigned market(s).
• Responsible for making updates employee 401(k) Benefits deductions as requested.
• Responsible for various payroll reporting to be distributed to Operational Management or other teams as needed.
• Reconcile Paid Time Off balances
• Respond to payroll related inquiries from management and employees.
• Assist with implementation of new Pay Groups and employee/manager training
• Additional duties as assigned