Certified LMRT - Medical Assistant
**EXCELLENT BONUS PROGRAM: Quarterly target bonus of up to 5% based on the customer satisfaction scores of your locations. AND up to $450 per month for a productivity bonus if certain center metrics are met.**
Memorial Hermann, one of the nation's leading health care providers, and GoHealth Urgent Care, an on-demand consumer-centric care company, announced a new partnership to operate urgent care centers across the Greater Houston area.
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
In a collaborative manner, the Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication. This role is responsible for performing limited capacity x-rays for patients and reporting results to Medical Providers.
The Medical Assistant completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through: an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our five core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Accountability.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Experience performing X-rays preferred
One of the following certifications is required (or must be obtained within 15 months of hire):
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- NRCMA – Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (verified through the National Association for Health Professionals)
Additionally, CPOE certification for order entry is required within two weeks of start date and must be kept active in lieu of MA certification within the first 15 months of hire.
In lieu of an approved MA certification, we will also expect the following certifications at the time of hire:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or LPN or RN
- EMT – Emergency Medical Technician (Verified through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- CNA – Certified Nursing Assistant
Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO
- Quarterly performance bonuses