Medical Assistant (Staten Island Float)
In a collaborative manner, the Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication.
The Medical Assistant completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission to become the urgent care Partner of choice by re-defining value and access to quality care through: an effortless experience, a culture of care, and seamlessly integrating with our partners and communities. This vision is achieved through our five core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Accountability.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience or (medical) military experience in lieu of required certifications listed below
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 6 month of hire):
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)