Advanced Clinical Associate (Medical Scribe) - Central Nassau Float
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. GoHealth Urgent Care operates urgent care centers in the New York, Portland, OR, and now San Francisco, CA metropolitan areas, with plans for additional expansion in multiple markets.
Seeking motivated and friendly Medical Scribe in our rapidly growing centers in New York. Our employees are our front line; for patient care, beginning the moment a patient walks through our door. GoHealth Scribes will be working hand-in-hand with our MD, NP, and PA providers.
- Transcribe medical charting for Providers.
- Assist in fundamental clinical care including Point of Care (POC) testing, intake of vitals and other procedures.
- Assist in coordinating patient triage and overall workflow.
- Maintain medical records, lab results, imaging reports in accurate manner in EHR.
- Manage faxing and referral process.
EMT Or Med School Students Preferred But Not Required
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. GoHealth Urgent Care operates urgent care centers in the New York, Portland, OR, metropolitan areas and soon will be in the San Francisco bay area, GoHealth Urgent Care has plans for additional expansion in multiple markets.
Our current partners include health systems that are at the forefront of care delivery innovation, including Northwell Health, New York's largest health system, Legacy Health, the largest nonprofit, locally owned health system in the Portland-Vancouver area, and Dignity Health, the fifth largest health system in the nation and the largest hospital provider in California.
- High School Diploma required
- Medical Scribe experience preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Experience in an Urgent Care environment preferred
- Certification and/or licensure to meet Order Entry requirements through one (1) of the following:
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA, CMA, NCMA or RMA.)
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) Certification
- Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS) Certification
- Healthcare Professional Licensure including but not limited to EMT, ARRT, RN, LPN, etc.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Keyboard proficiency
- Experience using Electronic Health Records
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration:Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation:Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity:Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.