SEO Manager - Remote
GoHealth is transforming on-demand care through an innovative model with a deep patient and consumer focus, data-driven operations, and cutting-edge technology. GoHealth is one of the fastest growing on-demand care companies in the country with approximately 160 locations across New York, Connecticut, Delaware, North Carolina, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, and California, and dozens of additional sites under contract over the next 12 months.
With a strong emphasis on patient satisfaction, GoHealth uses Business Intelligence solutions to make informed, data-driven decisions. Innovative and award-winning clinic design, website and mobile check-in solutions lead to improved patient experiences, as well as operational efficiencies. GoHealth has a unique partnership model and a multi-channel marketing strategy that focuses on the communities it serves and enhances brand awareness, fueling growth for the organization in existing and future markets.
The GoHealth joint venture model has proven to be extremely effective and competitively differentiating. Prominent co-branding with its large, integrated health system partners and deep IT integration have led to increased volume and financial results, as well as improved clinical quality. GoHealth’s unique health system collaboration model has given its patients greater access to the entire healthcare continuum through same day or next day referrals to primary care physicians, specialists, and other ancillary services.
TPG Growth, one of the world’s leading private equity firms, invested in GoHealth in 2014 to help launch the new urgent care brand and its national growth plan. TPG Growth is the middle market and growth equity investment platform of TPG, the world’s largest private equity firm with over $103 billion of assets under management.
Reporting to the Search Marketing Director, the SEO Manager will own organic search performance. The SEO Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders as well as our agency partner(s) to drive core site SEO and deploy new content to drive significant, qualified organic traffic. The SEO Manager will work closely with our SEO agency to prioritize projects, drive strategy and monitor trends and performance.
This role will require a strong blend of analytics, creative strategy, and technical knowledge, focused on driving organic traffic. As the SEO Manager you should have strong communication and presentation skills, possessing the ability to clearly and effectively articulate points. You should have a test and learn mentality, always wanting to improve our efforts. You will also keep GoHealth current on SEO best practices and search engine updates that may impact us.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing and executing SEO strategies that drive traffic and convert site visitors into customers. This person must have hands-on experience with SEO tools, knowledge of current best practices and emerging trends, and passion to instill SEO thinking in the organization. This is a remote position and will require a go-getter to be able to influence others to help achieve your agenda over digital platforms, phone, and video conference.
Search Optimization and Management:
· Maintain all aspects of website SEO and grow direct and organic traffic.
· Manage all aspects of local search, including Google My Business, Yelp listings and other directories in partnership with agency partners.
· Execute SEO strategies based on traffic and trends, meeting and exceeding projected monthly/quarterly goals.
· Perform ongoing SEO audits of our site, identifying key areas of improvement.
· Conduct extensive testing of title and meta-tag strategy and build a knowledge base that drives future improvements.
· Conduct keyword research, developing a targeted keyword strategy to effectively compete for and capture high-intent traffic.
· Work closely with our Content team to develop content strategy, deploying content to our site and testing new content formats to improve SEO rankings.
· Improve SEO rankings against the competition for high revenue and high-volume keywords.
· Work closely with SEM team/agency to compliment paid strategies with organic SEO.
· Work with web developers to implement technical SEO deliverables, such as 301 redirects, broken links, site speed, etc.
Research and Monitoring:
· Perform competitive research of peer companies, learning from winning strategies and remaining a leader within the SEO space.
· Track the market for trends, benchmarks, opportunities, competitive tactics, best practices, tools/platforms, etc. and use that information to make recommendations.
· Inform and educate team about search engine updates (metadata options, algorithms, and penalties) and analyses about web marketing landscape.
· Monitor and help refine QA tools for search implications, including Google Search Console, GA Intelligence Events, Ahrefs and internal 404 reports.
Internal and External Partnerships:
· Collaborate closely with stakeholders and agency partners to ensure an integrated strategy to maximize findability via mobile/web, driving lead and conversion goals aligned with the overall business objectives and budgets.
· Create technical guidelines for the developers and designers that maximize SEO including search engine accessibility, page speed, URL structure, internal linking guidelines, markup, information architecture, canonicals, etc.
· Provide writers, team members and developers with instructions for SEO optimization across all content assets, including articles, interactive tools, video, images, etc. for mobile, desktop, emerging platforms, social channels and local listings.
· Work with key partners such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Yahoo, and agencies.
Serve as lead with SEO agency partner, overseeing strategy, project prioritization, reviewing content and monitoring technical website health.
Analytic and Reporting:
· Monitoring daily performance metrics to understand organic search performance across geographic markets. Monitor and report key performance indicators such as indexing, rankings, backlinks, and SERP click through rates.
· Determine areas for improved optimization and communicate required actions across the business to drive implementation.
· Track and analyze campaign impact and success through keyword research and optimizations, competitive analysis, and a/b multivariate testing: landing pages, creative display, and ad copy.
· Present informed recommendations about what SEO can do for GoHealth, to help educate and convince stakeholders of its importance. Lead trainings as needed.
· 3+ years of hands-on SEO experience, both technical SEO and working on a comprehensive content strategy with writers/agencies
· Formal SEO training or certification with knowledge of SEO tools is a plus
· Experience with local SEO and local listings management and optimization is preferred
· Experience performing website audits and developing recommendations to ensure SEO best practices for new and existing web pages across the website
· Experience working directly with a CMS, ideally Drupal and/or headless CMS
· Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Strong knowledge and experience in Google Analytics, Google My Business and Google Search Console
· SEO in-house platform experience (i.e., MOZ, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, and/or Enterprise platforms such as BrightEdge or Conductor )
· Deep understanding of content marketing, and how SEO fits in the overall picture
· Experience optimizing site architecture and content hierarchy a plus
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, with outstanding execution skills with a strong attention to detail
· Experience in analyzing key marketing metrics and data to develop actionable insights
· A history of strong and positive collaboration across cross-functional teams