Manager, Help Desk
In this role, you will lead the GoHealth Urgent Care helpdesk team to oversee and deliver excellent and timely service for our internal and external customers. You will monitor ticket and staffing levels while keeping an eye out for trends that may indicate a larger problem. This role will be at the forefront of delivering an effortless experience that we strive to deliver for all our GoHealthUC colleagues. You will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. The successful Helpdesk Manager will be responsible for leading the Help Desk team in resolving technical problems that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. Included in the responsibilities will be the administration and support of the Help Desk, to define and ensure SLA’s are met and help to support the Onboarding/Offboarding process. Review closed tickets to ensure that the Help desk is providing the best service to the end users, by conducting quality control audits of the Zendesk tickets. The role is also responsible to ensure issue trends are identified and escalated to appropriate teams for root cause analysis and resolution or preventions.
Regular support activities include network troubleshooting, project management, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the activities of the department within the internal ticketing system. You will be responsible to ensure the Knowledge Base has appropriate content as a vital resource for Help Desk Staff and end users and to conduct routine audits of articles for correctness and timeliness. Arrange with Subject matter experts to update articles that may be out of date or are no longer correct. Additional tasks include, but not limited to, end user support, account creation, license tracking, hardware tracking and performing PC and Apple support, maintenance, upgrades, and configurations.
The IT Help Desk manager must have an excellent understanding of computers (including hardware, software, and applications) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical problem-solving aptitude, strong written and oral communications skills, and the ability to effectively manage people in a wide variety of situations. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extreme high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including TA’s, JV Partner’s, operations leadership, as well as others within the IT team. It will require excellent problem-solving skills to anticipate and solve for complexities to our organizations staffing design.
BS/BA in a technical field required (or equivalent experience) Bachelors preferred
4+ years of help desk or other technical related experience required.
1+ year(s) of supervisor/management experience required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required Experience with IT support ticket systems
Experience administering Microsoft O365 Office suite
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high-pressure environment
Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
Excellent leadership and people management skills.
Strong customer service skills.
Experience managing/administering a service desk/ticketing system (Zendesk preferred)
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred Comfortable communicating in person and via phone with peers, management, contractors, and vendors.
Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
Experience managing third-party or outsourced helpdesk resources
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
• Run the help desk, including staff supervision, asset supply and deployment, and vendor management.
• Provide support to the Help Desk and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
• Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
• Monitor Help Desk tickets for SLA breaches and to help minimize SLA violations.
• Collaborate with internal partners to implement new technologies to improve operational efficiency.
• Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
• Prepare periodic reports on helpdesk staffing, ticket volume/trends, etc. for management with recommendations and trends Monitor and manage the team to set and meet ticket resolution and quality metrics
• Mentoring your team, providing training, and conducting performance evaluations.
• Manage escalations and ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Document and update internal procedures.
• Ensure new employees have the required IT equipment for their first day of employment.
• Develop a training program for new helpdesk staff so they are fully prepared to provide excellent support to our centers and staff.
• Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
• Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
• Report on issues or trends in the Help Desk ticketing system that maybe a clue to larger problems
• Ensure users and computers are assigned to proper groups in Active Directory.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.