Training Specialist - Scribes & Providers - OKC
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
Our Scribe / Provider Training Specialist is a critical part of the Training Team who is responsible for development, facilitation, and coordination of training programs for the Advanced Clinical Associate clinic operations staff. This role partners closely with the market leadership to manage, coordinate and evaluate the facilitation of staff onboarding, culture orientation, and delivery of training projects.
This individual will serve as a CPR instructor, conduct fit testing, and proctor computerized provider order entry (CPOE) exams as they work closely with our new hire Scribes and Providers.
- High School Diploma required
- Associate Degree or higher education in sciences or healthcare related discipline preferred
- 1+ year of experience as an Advanced Clinical Associate, Medical Scribe, or related role.
- Urgent care experience preferred.
- Training, learning development or related experience required
- Experience using Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Requires ONE of following (for order entry purposes) at time of hiring or within 60 days:
- MA certification via: CCMA (verified through NHA), CMA (verified through AAMA), RMA (verified through AMT), NCMA (verified through NCCT)
- Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) verified through AAMA*
- Certified Medical Scribe Specialist verified through ACMSS
- Licensed Healthcare Professional with active licensure/certification that does not apply to any of the items listed above (i.e. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Radiologic Technologist (RT, ARRT certified), Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Develop and deliver new clinical team member onboarding, training and coordinate clinical shadow shifts.
- Track and manage training evaluation process via knowledge assessments, training performance evaluations and reaction surveys.
- Facilitate and lead GoHealth New-hire Orientation for the market, coordinating with market leaders, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain operational and educational resources including workflows, bulletins, and use of Share Point resources.
- Facilitate yearly clinical competency assessments and conduct follow up training, as necessary.
- Facilitate training for new operational implementations and/or workflows within the market.
- Partner with Manager, Clinical Learning and People Learning Team to support and work on learning projects across the organization. Also partner and lead the market’s Learning Coach team.
- Contribute and work with operations on supporting Medical Assistant coverage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel within the market is required and some travel to other markets may be required for this role.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. Leaders may ask you to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.