Memorial Hermann, one of the nation's leading health care providers, and GoHealth Urgent Care, an on-demand consumer-centric care company, announced a new partnership to operate urgent care centers across the Greater Houston area.
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Medical Assistant assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of an urgent care provider. Manages the check-in and registration process, interview patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Front Desk experience preferred
One of the following certifications is required (or must be obtained within 15 months of hire):
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- NRCMA – Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (verified through the National Association for Health Professionals)
Additionally, CPOE certification for order entry is required within two weeks of start date and must be kept active in lieu of MA certification within the first 15 months of hire.
In lieu of an approved MA certification, we will also expect the following certifications at the time of hire:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing or LPN or RN
- EMT – Emergency Medical Technician (Verified through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- CNA – Certified Nursing Assistant
Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Basic Medical Assistant duties
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks, participate on a team, and accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social difference
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO
- Quarterly performance bonuses