The Business Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations applications and systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. Main tasks include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes and performing some user acceptance testing. The Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply sound communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purposes of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the organization.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to application developers.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in property and casualty insurance.
- Experience and skill in project management
- Practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Experience with core software applications, including MS Project, Microsoft Office Suite including Power Point, Excel and Visio, etc.
- Mastery of multiple insurance applications for underwriting, claims, policy administration, etc. with an interest in understanding functionality, capabilities, and limitations of such systems.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to download company VPN software onto a compatible personal computing device for remote work as necessary.