Business Intelligence Analyst II
The Business Intelligence position is part of a recently formed team in the Underwriting Department designed to embed analytics into the business and reports up through the Chief Underwriting and Analytics Officer. As a Business Intelligence analyst in the Underwriting Department, you will have the opportunity to work with all Business Leaders on various projects. Assignments will include: working with various forms of data (both internal and external), evaluate suitability of third party data for underwriting value and, working with Actuarial, perform cost benefit analysis. Gain deep understanding of company operations products and be able to evaluate and communicate benefits of data (both internal and external) to all areas of the company. Work with data of various formats, troubleshooting data quality issues with IT to improve data quality and data warehouse structure. Additionally, designing and maintaining an underwriting alert platform in PowerBI.
Responsibilities may include:
- Meet with third party data vendors to analyze the product they are selling. Determine usability and accuracy of data. Design a test to quantify potential value for Global Indemnity and perform cost benefit analysis. Integrate data into various underwriting platforms
- Work with IT and ATS team to ingest 3rd party data and design layout
- Designing and maintaining an underwriting alert platform using Microsoft Power BI. Developing underwriting and profitability performance metrics alerts for senior management
- Incorporate internal data and external data sources where appropriate.
- Troubleshoot problems with datawarehouse and work with IT on developing a solution.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in quantitative field required
- 1-5 years experience in a quantitative position in Property and Casualty insurance company required
- Knowledge of various underwriting terminology as it relates Property and Casualty a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
- Programming experience in one of the following languages a must (e.g. SQL, Python,R).
- Experience with Microsoft’s PowerBI (or comparable software) a plus but not required
- Excellent analytical, data, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Actuarial Exams are not a requirement for this position nor will exam support be provided.