Global Indemnity Group is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to support Finance, Corporate Audit, and Corporate Legal Departments.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to counsel with legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Provide administrative support for board and investor meetings
- Function as departmental notary
- Support successful press releases
- Provide administrative support to the financial reporting team including tasks associated with quarterly SEC filings and other accounting administrative tasks.
- Continuously evaluate departmental administrative workflows and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with administrative functions related to tax reporting functions.
- Help facilitate the attainment of information from other departments relative to SEC filings.
- Assist with traditional Assistant responsibilities such as travel, calendar management, meeting coordination, and material management as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related administrative support experience; experience supporting executives required
- Proven ability to master a number of proprietary as well as off the shelf applications for travel planning, expense management, and related functions.
- Ability to occasionally travel to provide administrative support for corporate functions and board meetings
- Commissioned as a Notary Public or willing to become a Notary Public shortly after hiring
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Familiarity with various government applications such as Edgar and SEC.gov as well as data mining tools such as LexisNexis
- Exceptional organizational skills; including the ability to create one’s own organizational strategy as well as the ability to logically plan and organize the events, and calendars of many executives
- The ability to be receptive to change, including the modification of planned events on short notice, and change in responsibilities
- The ability to deal with stress effectively
- The ability to interact with many types of personalities and attempt to effectively resolve conflicts independently
- The ability and interest to identify ways of streamlining administrative processes as well as grow one’s own job
- Personal interest or experience in finance, legal, audit or insurance a plus
- The ability to work remotely as required via a personal computer and the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) software
- HS diploma required; education towards or completion of bachelor’s degree a plus.