Sr. Application Developer
Join a small team responsible for delivering custom web solutions to support Global Indemnity's insurance operations. Members of the team stay current with emerging technology, follow current "best practices" and use proven software design principles. Team members work on the complete stack from database to UI.
Required Technical Skills – Advanced technical knowledge of the following:
- C# and .Net Framework 4.0 or greater
- .Net Core
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater
- Web, and/or Rest Services
- Software Design Patterns
- Continuous Integration
- Source Control systems
- Azure, AWS, Google, or similar cloud technology
- Perform and assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications according to GBLI's best practices and SDLC.
- Prepare and document program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently create and maintain software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Create and maintain code and scripts across the full stack of software development including UI, business logic and database.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Senior level software development and troubleshooting experience in the required technologies listed above.
- Willingness to seek out opportunities to learn and ability to understand new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The ability to work remotely as required via a personal computer and the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) software