provides specialty property and casualty insurance for small to middle-market businesses – and we’re on a mission to the best-in-class while achieving steady, profitable growth. Our guiding principles include the core belief that our people are number one. We also strongly emphasize a customer-centric mentality and disciplined underwriting practices. Our work environment is flexible, friendly, and collaborative, with plenty of opportunities to take charge of your career.
What GBLI offers you:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development opportunities (including a mentorship program)
- Educational assistance program, which covers up to $5,250 in educational costs per year
- Comprehensive health insurance plan (with vision and dental)
- No-cost health insurance plan available
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 6% company match and immediate vesting
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company-sponsored social events
- Various committees to get involved in, which include our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Charitable Giving Committee, and Employee Wellness Committee
In this introductory position within our Actuarial Modeling and Data Analytics Department you will manage predictive analytics processes related to profitability of various lines , spanning such areas as underwriting, claims, and marketing.
- Gather and process structured and unstructured data. Perform analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Perform text mining and web scraping computationally.
- Evaluate third party data for quality and relevance to our business needs.
- Use statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets.
- Perform exploratory data analysis, including but not limited to finding distributions of variables and correlations among them, identifying and handling missing values and outliers.
- Build predictive models to drive profitable growth in all aspects of the business.
- Participate and support projects in all stages: project management, requirements gathering, quality assurance, visualization, presentation, and production.
Essential Duties & Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Proficiency in SQL and Python.
- Working knowledge and experience in machine learning, text mining and web scraping.
- Intellectual curiosity. Desire and ability to continuously learn new skills.
- Creative problem solving.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a team player and build consensus.
- Strong change management capabilities, influencing skillsets, and ability to communicate change across a complex organization
- Strong project management, organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Experience implementing change in a dynamic environment
- Develop financial acumen; the ability to understand the short- and long-term financial impact of practices, and ability to prepare or supervise the preparation of relevant financial data
- Innovative and creative problem-solving is essential, including the ability to change directions quickly based on new or changing information
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and appetite to leverage more progressive digital tools for work process and teaming
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field.
- 1-3 years of experience in predictive analytics.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.