Leader, Product Management & Development
- Officer-level position that leads product development for all lines of business in coordination with CEO, President, Chief Underwriting & Analytics Officer, and business segment leaders.
- Garners and analyzes industry and competitor information with the intent of (a) developing new products and (b) enhancing current products in order to create competitive offerings that achieve superior underwriting margins.
- Identifies and monitors industry trends and opportunities.
- Leads and manages all product management and product development staff, whose responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and analyzing ISO circulars, making appropriate decisions in conjunction with the business segments;
- Assisting Regulatory & Compliance Department, as needed, and serving as a liaison to the business segments;
- Conducting market research, underwriting guide development, product development, application development, and rate/rule/form reviews and analysis;
- Drafting policy forms in collaboration with Claims & Legal Departments; maintaining forms libraries and conducting sample policy reviews on new programs and opportunities;
- Collaborating with Actuarial Department in rate reviews and obtaining support, when needed, for filings;
- Guiding and administering submission of rate, rule, and form filings, including review of objections and responses to Departments of Insurance;
- Assisting IT and others in the development and implementation of system enhancements and serving as technical systems support;
- Working with Marketing Department to ensure effective communication of product changes to internal and external stakeholders; and
- Working with Actuarial Technology Solutions Unit to monitor current and new product performance.
- 10+ years P&C insurance industry experience in Underwriting &/or Product Management & Development.
- Admitted & Non-Admitted experience preferred.
- Commercial Lines experience required; Personal Lines experience a plus.
- E&S and/or specialty product experience is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with a variety of regulatory environments impacting company’s products.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams, including members of Underwriting, Product, and IT, as needed, to develop business requirements to support new products.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and innovatively.
- Demonstrated ability to execute high-profile corporate initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience with multiple distribution channels, including wholesale, retail, digital, and direct.
- Proven personal leadership skills with an ability to collaborate and maintain relationships throughout the company.
- Ability to attract, retain, and develop talent for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred; Masters a plus. Industry designations such as AU, CPCU, CIC, etc. are a plus.
- Ability to download company VPN software onto a compatible personal computing device for remote work as necessary.