This position is part of our Vacant Express program team (vacantexpress.com). You will be responsible for producing and underwriting new and renewal vacant property insurance coverage. Administer underwriting rules and guidelines for the program within broadening authority levels. Review agency books of business for profitability and growth for trends and recommend action plans as needed. Discuss feedback with agents. Provide excellent customer service to our policy holders and agents.
The Underwriter I works under close direction and authority limits, gains experience in the Vacant Express appetite, understands basic underwriting principles, and gains technical knowledge of company’s products.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Select, price, quote, and decline new vacant property business referred by consumers and agents (“submit” classes) in accordance with company underwriting guidelines, application of experienced, sound underwriting judgment and within prescribed authority grant.
- Review, price, and manage renewal business in accordance with company guidelines.
- Service existing accounts through the evaluation of endorsement requests.
- Work collaboratively with other Underwriters on the team to provide and maintain 24 - 48 hour response time on new business submissions and same day turn-around on phone calls and emails.
- Develop and maintain collaborative business relationships with appointed agents to foster the generation of profitable business.
- Process referrals from underwriters
- Exhibit proficiency in company tools and systems utilized in servicing business and monitoring agency production and loss ratio.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of Property and Casualty underwriting experience and/or Agency Sales experience with some exposure or knowledge of property risks
- Property and Casualty sales experience and producer license a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team with other underwriters will be needed
- Strong computer skills are a necessity. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Professional designations (CPCU, AU, etc.) are a plus
- Ability to download company VPN software onto a compatible personal computing device for remote work as necessary
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.