Underwriter - Personal Lines
In this position, you will underwrite homeowner, dwelling and mobile home risks for admitted and non-admitted business. You will work with Managing General Agents for policy issuance, customer service issues, and marketing strategies. You may also work with the Department of Insurance to resolve complaints
Position & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate complex risks.
- Identify opportunities for organizational improvement and recommend solutions.
- Monitor trends and identify the need for new or revised underwriting policies, procedures, and practices.
- Make contact with agents or customers to resolve questions or issues and cultivate relationships.
- Engage in advanced quality assurance activities.
- Distribute bulletins following the quality standards to internal and external customers for compliance, or for rate and form changes.
- Respond to the Department of Insurance complaints timely and accurately.
- Develop underwriting guidelines that are clear, concise, and which comply with state and federal laws as well as achieving company-desired results.
- Manage external audit process for assigned agency accounts following established procedures.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Technical expertise and knowledge in assigned lines of business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite including Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; adept in relationship building with general and retail agents.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Prior personal lines underwriting experience preferred.
- Professional Insurance Designations preferred (i.e. CPCU).
- The ability to work remotely as required via a personal computer and the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) software