Business Intelligence Analyst
In this introductory data role, you will have the opportunity to work with all areas of the company on reporting needs. Assignments will include: working with various forms of data (both internal and external), designing PowerBI tools and KPI’s to monitor company initiatives in various departments (Underwriting, Marketing and Claims), understanding the problem at hand and what is important to the various stakeholders and ability to communicate results. Gain deep understanding of company operations and products and be able to communicate anomalies and results from data. Work with data of various formats, troubleshooting data quality issues with IT to improve data quality and data warehouse structure. Keep abreast on Microsoft PowerBI updates, releases and features and recommend new solutions.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Meet with end users (e.g. Underwriting, Marketing, Finance, Claims) to define business goals, and problems that need to be managed and reported on through data
- Design PowerBI reports from concept to completion recommending layout, structure and what KPI’s are worth monitoring. Communicate result to stakeholders
- Developing pricing and profitability performance metrics reports for senior management using Microsoft Power BI
- Incorprorate internal data and external data sources where appropriate
- Keep abreast on latest Microsoft PowerBI software updates, releases and features
- Troubleshoot problems with datawarehouse and work with IT on developing a solution
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Solid knowledge of commercial lines insurance workflows and terminology.
- Prior experience in a role that involves data analysis for an insurance company preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
- Programming experience a plus (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with Microsoft’s PowerBI (or comparable software) a plus but not required
- Excellent analytical, data, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required