Professional Lines – Underwriter I
Professional Lines Underwriter I will hold the responsibility to underwrite new and renewal professional liability (MPL & Tech) business. Manage and support profitable growth objectives. This individual will develop strategic, operational and tactical plans that are designed to achieve and exceed established goals. Relationship management is of critical importance and determined by where Global Indemnity position of prominence sits within each appointed agency.
This candidate must demonstrate a strong customer focus with a sense of urgency balanced with core professional liability technical skills that enables this individual to underwrite individual risks with speed, accuracy, and prudent decision acumen.
The Underwriter will work under direction of the AVP of the Professional lines department and hold limited authority on complex accounts. Must contain technical knowledge in E&S professional lines underwriting and/or company products.
- Select, price, quote, and decline new & renewal business in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and experienced, underwriting judgment
- Respond to endorsement requests from existing accounts
- Provide 24 hour response time on new business submissions and same day turn-around on phone calls and emails,
- Develop and maintain collaborative business relationships with appointed agents to foster the generation of profitable business
- Accountability for the production and loss ratio performance of assigned agents
- Educate agents on Global Indemnity products and underwriting appetite.
- 1-3 years Professional Liability or Property and Casualty Underwriting experience required including knowledge of Miscellaneous and Technology E&O and Surplus lines strongly preferred
- Experience working with wholesale brokers preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required; The ability to market Global Indemnity products to agents is essential
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team with other underwriters will be needed
- Experience in Professional Lines required. Professional designations (RPLU, CPCU, AU,ASLI etc.) are a plus
- Insurance rating experience is desired
- Strong computer skills are a necessity. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.