Internal Auditor (hybrid)
Great opportunity! This position offers a hybrid working arrangement.
Global Indemnity Group, LLC. (NYSE: GBLI), a $2 billion, publicly traded property and casualty insurance holding company, has an immediate opening for an Internal Auditor in our Internal Audit Department in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
Internal Audit Department plays a vital role in evaluating the design and effectiveness of control processes throughout the organization. For the individual who is naturally curious, analytical, and enjoys challenging assignments, we are offering the opportunity for high exposure and to truly make a difference in the organization. GBLI is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability, and desire for success. This role is critical to the success of the organization and offers the opportunity to interact with Senior Executives and the Audit Committee. The business knowledge and control assessment skills developed in the Internal Audit Department will position the successful candidate for a broad range of career opportunities within GBLI.
GBLI’s Internal Audit department uses a value-added audit approach, primarily focused on the operational aspects of the organization, including: understanding end-to-end business process workflows, testing transaction processing, performing efficiency and effectiveness assessments, and conducting project and system control evaluations. We assist GBLI in reducing operating costs and increasing revenue, through recommendations for operational improvements as a result of audit findings. We also conduct special projects designed to enhance value for Senior Management. In addition, GBLI’s Internal Audit Department is responsible for the oversight of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control documentation and testing throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will assist in the planning and execution of financial, operational, and information technology (IT) audits and will also be involved in financial and IT SOX testing. The Internal Auditor will also assist in preparing audit reports after completion of detail testing and will review the results and recommendations with Senior Management. The role is necessary to support the GBLI Internal Audit plan. The Internal Auditor will also assist the external auditors during the annual financial audit and assist with special Internal Audit projects as needed. This position will require an individual with a strong knowledge of controls, excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and the desire to learn and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Business
• 1 - 3 years in public accounting or internal audit
• Experience in a Big 4 Audit Firm or equivalent preferred
• CPA/CIA designation or candidacy preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to understand and analyze significant volumes of information
• Ability to work independently or in multi-person teams
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Ability to deliver on deadlines
• High ethical standards and values, ability to maintain confidentiality and independence
• Ability to develop value-added relationships with process owners and management
• Interest and ability to assist on special projects, as needed
• Experience working in a property/casualty insurance environment and knowledge of basic insurance concepts a plus
• Confident user of Microsoft Office Applications
• Knowledge of Audit Command Language (ACL) Audit Software and ability to run SQL Server queries a plus
• Ability to occasionally travel domestically (other office locations and agent offices) as needed (minimal).
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.