Sr. Staff Accountant
The primary responsibilities of this position are the accounting and reporting of investment transactions and summarizing investment information to support GAAP and STAT financial reporting. Other responsibilities include assisting in the overall close, consolidate and report function of the Company including, but not limited to, the preparation of GAAP based and international financial statements, ad-hoc Management reports, various SEC filings including XBRL review and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Detailed responsibilities of this position include the following:
Prepare investment related journal entries and reconciliations.
Summarize investment results and prepare activity reports.
Provide information and support for GAAP financial statements, STAT Schedule D’s, Management reports, Board reports, and SEC filings including footnote preparation.
Conduct financial research including GAAP and STAT accounting requirements.
Assist in Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
Support departmental and company objectives.
Assist the CFO and VP of Finance with special projects as needed.
Attributes for Success
- Ambition to learn and grow within the accounting department.
- Initiative to identify and drive improvement opportunities.
- Attentive to details.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate demands of time sensitive deadlines and projects.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of GAAP and consolidation accounting.
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in a mid to large corporate finance department
- Exposure to SEC reporting, Sarbanes Oxley, and/or investment accounting a plus.
- Related experience in the insurance industry or experiences with other regulated financial institutions a plus.
- Ability to download company VPN software onto a compatible personal computing device for remote work as necessary.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.