Actuarial Analyst II - Pricing
As an Actuarial Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work under the direction of a Credentialed Actuary to complete various projects and tasks that support the goals and results of the Actuarial department. This will include evaluating prospective new insurance products and programs, determining profitability of current business, designing BI tools to monitor company initiatives and using various analytical tools to evaluate loss drivers.
Responsibilities may include:
- Evaluate new program or product opportunities, using information provided and various actuarial and statistical methodologies.
- Analysis of internal and industry/competitor data with regard to Increased Limit Factors, loss trend, exposure trend, loss development factors, ISO loss costs and various rating factors.
- Perform large account pricing for GL, Professional Liability and Auto as needed.
- Design BI tools to monitor company initiatives.
- Use various analytical techniques to evaluate loss drivers of products.
- Complete analysis for admitted products and support state filing work as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with actuarial science, mathematics, or statistics concentration.
- 2-5 actuarial exams completed.
- 2-5 years of prior property & casualty actuarial experience.
- Commercial Lines large account pricing experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
- Programming experience a plus (e.g. SQL, R, VBA).
- Experience with Microsoft’s PowerBI (or comparable software) a plus but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.