Manager - Actuarial Reserving
In this advanced position within our actuarial department you will manage actuarial processes related to the adequate reserving of various property and casualty lines written by the company under Commercial, Personal, Agriculture, and Reinsurance operations. An Actuarial Associate combines advanced and creative actuarial knowledge with business acumen and is responsible for a variety of decisions related to sound reserving support. Extensive familiarity with external trends and factors involving reserving matters. Use broad awareness of business and specialized knowledge of insurance products, knowledge and regulatory matters to develop complex actuarial reserving practices. Interact independently and consult with other departments and management on matters with potentially sizable impact on profitability. Independently manage actuarial projects. Actuarial Associates also may supervise staff.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Assist with quarterly reserve analysis on property and casualty lines including general liability, professional liability, and excess liability exposures
- Document reserve process to support Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Produce summary exhibits for senior management
- Develop reserve ranges using stochastic reserving methods for Major Lines
- Build diagnostic tools to identify trends and factors driving the loss experience
- Respond to ad hoc requests from Claims and Underwriting
- Oversee a staff of 1-2 Actuarial Analysts
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related field required.
- 3-5 years of Property & Casualty actuarial reserving experience
- Completion of ACAS designation
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to interact professionally and independently with multiple levels of management and other departments is essential
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data from a number of sources
- Ability to think critically to solve work related problems with creativity
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel with VBA coding and SQL required
- Experience working with any reserving software required; ResQ preferred
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.