Manager, Product Management - Form Development
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the company’s entry into new markets and development and associated compliance of new products in various states. Comprehensive responsibility for all proprietary insurance form creation and maintenance. Research regulatory requirements for various forms and endorsements and work with internal resources to implement changes to existing endorsements or create new endorsements. If necessary make required updates and communicate changes as such. Serve as an internal resource for policy language. Responsibilities may include support for both admitted and non-admitted business.
Position & Responsibilities
- Supports the Product Management & Development Department and Business Segments by drafting policy forms and applications in collaboration with Claims & Legal Departments
- Disseminate final implemented forms or changes to existing forms to underwriting department and other parties as necessary and maintain centralized form repositories for all lines of business
- Work with various internal departments including operations, actuarial, regulatory etc. to ensure coverages are coded and priced properly and internal underwriting guidelines are in agreement with coverages
- Implement all new coverages as necessary to existing products and programs
- Maintain technical knowledge relative to forms, endorsements, etc.; monitor state legislative activities as they occur for impact on operations
- Manage implementation and documentation of changes to forms; as necessary work with underwriting, operations and IT department on implementation of new forms or changes; maintain master lists and libraries of all active forms; worth with other departments as required.
- Receive ISO circulars, industry publications and pending legislation, review for applicability to covered products/lines, implement and communicate changes as needed; prepare associated filings necessary to maintain ISO alignment
- Provide training to required internal and external parties and serve as an internal consultant for all questions relative to forms
Requirements & Qualifications
- 7-10+ years of commercial P&C insurance industry business experience either in an Underwriting or a Product capacity; experience with commercial products required; surplus/non-admitted experience preferred
- Strong multi state specific knowledge of endorsement and form construction and in depth knowledge of coverages and related issues and prevailing regulatory environment
- Technical experience using related applications and multiple state websites
- Experience successfully communicating with, selling to, and obtaining the support of internal and external senior leadership; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with multiple insurance applications; the ability to quickly dissect and learn new applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, and as needed communicate same in non-technical language; ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of functions
- Ability to act independently and make sound decisions based on company, product, and regulatory knowledge
- Proven personal leadership skills with an ability to collaborate and maintain relationships throughout the organization.
- Problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; keeping projects on track and advising management when not
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.