Sr. Engineering Manager, UI/UX (Remote)
Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT is a SaaS network security product focused on providing capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track malicious activity and adversaries in real-time.
Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers. Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, UI/UX to join us and lead the evolution of the product and user experience towards exciting new directions.
If you are passionate about building insightful user experiences with large complex datasets and scalable data analysis systems. Enjoy working in a highly collaborative an iterative agile development environment; then Gigamon might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Lead and manage to provide vision, leadership, and execution oversight for a high performing team of UI developers and designers
- Collaborate effectively cross functionally with other functional teams to understand the requirements and design/deliver UI solutions
- Work with and guide UX designers towards creation of design artifacts like wireframes, workflow diagrams, storyboards, design specifications, high fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes
- Create, manage, and evangelize design guidelines, best practices, and standards to ensure consistent user experience and interfaces across products
- Collaborate with peers across the company to drive UX strategy and vision
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders and engineers throughout the lifecycle of the product development to realize design vision
- Work with customers and third parties to understand their requirements and to incorporate their feedback
- Strong UX design experience and knowledge with at least 8+ years of professional experience preferably in the security, networking, datacenter, or cloud management products
- Experience building and managing highly motivated distributed teams (5-10 engineers)
- Ability to work with several stakeholders including Product Managers, Engineering team and customers to develop world class products
- Ability to take a high-level vision and translate it into actionable artifacts towards the design and development the final product
- Expertise in visual design, prototyping and the delivery of HTML/CSS/JS templates
- Experience using RESTful APIs and optimizing UI performance