Sr. SW QA Engineer - SSL
Gigamon provides active visibility. Having the industry's first Security Delivery Platform, GigaSECURE®, and the Visibility Fabric™, an intelligent architecture for enterprises, data centers and service providers around the globe, Gigamon's technology empower security and infrastructure architects, managers and operators with pervasive and dynamic intelligent visibility of traffic across both physical and virtual environments without affecting the performance of the production network. Through patented technologies and centralized management, the Gigamon GigaVUE portfolio of high availability and high density products intelligently delivers the appropriate network traffic to management, analysis, compliance and security tools. Gigamon has been designing and building traffic visibility products since 2004 and its solutions are deployed globally across vertical markets including over half of the Fortune 100 and many government and federal agencies.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer for our GigaSMART team. The candidate will be working as part of a dynamic team and be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing security-related technologies. The candidate will work with cross-functional groups to contribute to product specifications, software architecture and design. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Help develop innovative network security solutions to expand Gigamon portfolio
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture and design
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions
- Produce functional specifications and design documents
- Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology and processes
- Minimum MSEE/CS with 3 years of software development experience in networking, Software architecture, design and more than 1 years in the security space.
- Proven successful technical leadership experience in Network Security technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Proxy, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Data protection, encryption solutions and authentication systems (LDAP, SAML, etc)
- Knowledge of Enterprise/Service Provider Network Security Deployments
- Proficient in Internet and Security protocols especially TCP/IP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS and Key Management
- Hands-on experience with multi-core, multi-process/multi-threaded systems
- Expert in C/C++ coding.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.