Principal SW Engineer - Operations
Gigamon Threat Insight is an enterprise network security product focused on providing capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers. Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
Senior Ops and Infrastructure Engineers play a lead role in architecting and deploying scalable, resilient, and secure infrastructure, having a direct impact in the success of Gigamon moving forward. As a member of the Gigamon Operations & Infrastructure team you will operate in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with engineers and developers.
Core Job Role
- Architect, implement, and maintain production infrastructure
- Work in a DevOps methodology, identify and address operational issues before they become reality
- Automation of lifecycle management, physical data center and AWS
- Quickly triage and resolve incidents, act as primary point of contact and escalation
- Monitoring and telemetry of multi-tiered services, producing useful information from data
- Administration of GNU/Linux systems, network devices, and sensors
- Implement & evangelize security best practices
- Maintain documentation and provide support to Jr. infrastructure engineers
- 10+ years of experience of unix systems administration
- 2+ years of experience in network administration
- Experience with change management software, Puppet is preferred
- Experience in design and implementation of continuous delivery environments and tooling
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining multi-tiered applications
- Familiarity with the server oriented open source eco-sphere
Employment at Gigamon is contingent on meeting eligibility requirements which may include additional security screening on being able to obtain a government sponsored security clearance