Automation Engineer - Contractor
Does automation excite you? Do you like working with different technologies and tools? If your answer is an emphatic 'yes',
Gigamon is seeking an experienced Automation Engineer for a contract position. This position requires good scripting and
troubleshooting skills. Candidates must be comfortable working in virtualized (VMware) environments and are expected to
be self-starters, well organized and comfortable in juggling between multiple tasks. Candidates having good communication
skills (written and verbal) will be preferred.
The Automation Engineer will be joining the Solutions Team, which predominantly focuses on technical sales-engineering
enablement activities that deal with creating assets to enable successful Proof Of Concepts (POCs) of the Gigamon product portfolio.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Understand the requirements and timelines.
- Check the feasibility and develop script or a prototype as appropriate.
- Validate and harden the script/prototype.
- Demo and address feedback from key stakeholders.
- Share regular status updates.
- Provide good user documentation.
2+ years of hands-on automation experience including
- Good expertise in shell and Python (must) scripting and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Angular web app framework.
- Basic networking (L2-L3) knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in configuring and managing VMware ESXi environments.
- Analyzing the packet captures and working with packet capture tools such as Wireshark, Colasoft, Tcpreplay and Scapy.
- Experience with network test equipment such as Spirent Test Center/Cyberflood, IXIA and Xena.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.