Resident Services Engineer
Gigamon, recently certified as a Great Place to Work, helps the world’s leading organizations run fast, stay secure and innovate. We provide the industry’s first elastic visibility and analytics fabric, which closes the cloud visibility gap by enabling cloud tools to see the network and network tools to see the cloud. With visibility across their entire hybrid cloud network, organizations can improve customer experience, eliminate security blind spots, and reduce cost and complexity. Gigamon has been awarded over 90 technology patents and enjoys world-class customer satisfaction with more than 4,000 organizations, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of government and educational organizations worldwide.
The Resident Service team delivers carefully planned post-sales services to Gigamon’s customers and partners, to enable positive business outcomes from our technology and service solutions. Working for the Resident Services team, the RSE is responsible for delivering network visibility solutions, security guidance, and other relevant services across Gigamon’s end-user community. This position will focus on establishing, growing, and strengthening post-sales implementations and providing technical consulting to business units requiring network visibility and security solutions.
We measure our success by accelerating end-user time to value, customer satisfaction, delivery quality, and expanded use of our technology.
The Gigamon Resident Services Engineer Responsibilities Include the following:
- Work with assigned Customer(s) and Gigamon Account Team to deliver to end-user solutions and identify future end-user projects which may require other Gigamon solutions including services.
- Lead in the discovery, definition, and implementation of network visibility and security solutions for assigned Gigamon Customer(s)
- Provide technical point of contact for resident services throughout the engagement lifecycle
- Identify existing and prospective solutions, as well as review applicable network visibility use-cases, security policies and procedures with the business
- Work closely with system architects to ensure business systems and applications meet security requirements in preparation for the end-user review; participate and contribute in Gigamon internal reviews
- Work closely with Gigamon and end-user technical teams to ensure business systems and applications meet appropriate security standards, policies and procedures
- Work with other technical network visibility and security team members on policy compliance efforts in accordance with Gigamon, industry privacy and security regulations, and guidelines set forth by, Country, Federal and local laws, as applicable
- Provide mentorship throughout Gigamon on technical subjects in your technical domain, including presenting on topics related to network visibility and information security
- Match the message to the audience when relaying technical solutions to individuals who may not have a technical background
- The Resident Engineer will also present engagement status reports to management, adhere to policies and practices related to technical guidelines and change management processes, and may contribute to development of new policies and practices by suggesting innovative ideas.
- Travel up to 50% time may be required, trip duration typically 2 days to 2 weeks, AUS territories and/or facilities.
- >10+ years as a network visibility/security engineer supporting multi-national organization(s)
- Strong domain experience in datacom - Layer 2 and Layer 3 skills; Certifications like CCNA/CCIE R&S or equivalent will be a plus
- Experience in Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH), Cybersecurity Incident Response will be a big plus for this role
- Experience working with networking and cybersecurity devices like Routers, Switches, NG Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Proxies, Load balancers etc.
- Execute security and risk assessments, architecture design reviews ensuring secure business operations.
- Network/Data security experience in areas like SSL/TLS, Threat hunting, App security and allied cybersecurity experience
- Experience working with tools like Sophos, Crowdstrike, Splunk, IBM QRadar, etc. will be a plus
- In-depth knowledge of security defense principles – confidentiality, integrity, and availability – and how they apply to different technologies
- An essential element of this position is the ability to provide service to Federal customers, contractors and subcontractors who require AUS citizenship to support them.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated success in leading multi-functional initiatives without formal authority
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with various key stakeholders and executives
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Ability to convey technical conversations to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Ability to understand the risks and associated methods to address the risks and gaps to recommend or implement appropriate security controls
- Effective working with global, virtual teams with team-oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with a broad range of people and roles
- Strongly desired – Knowledge of Cisco ACI Spine and Leaf, Practical Knowledge of Cybersecurity / Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, CIS, NIST, and others
- Desired - Security-related industry certification equivalent to the CCIE Security or CISSP or CEH or equivalent
- Requirement - AUS national, willing and able to hold APS (Australian Public Service) Security clearance