Senior Database Engineer
Technology | Seattle
The Database Engineer provides technical database expertise and problem-solving support to deliver optimized solutions. This position will monitor database performance and suggest improvements. The role supports Application Development within global business, contributing significantly to maintaining its high standards in innovative and cost effective technology.
Who You Are:
You are a Database Engineer who provides technical database expertise and problem-solving support to resolve server & application issues. You monitor database, OS & Application performance and drive improvements. You have experience supporting analysts & engineers within global business, contributing significantly to maintaining its service level objectives and fiduciary goals of cost-efficient technology. You excel at working closely within a DevOps environment and integrate well with other business units globally to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented successfully and any issues resolved promptly and effectively.
Your Next Challenge:
• Manage production and development/staging databases including surrounding OS & clusters
• Extract and map data (using SQL and other languages)
• Analyze exceptions and fine tune systems
• Validate & ensure data processing accuracy
• Oversee user acceptance and provide training as necessary
• Problem solve and resolve issues
• Assist in detailed estimations
• Perform optimization & design functions in cloud infrastructure
• Understand requirement specifications and carry out system design & programming tasks
• Create and maintain unit/program automation code modules
• Adhere to source code procedures and controls
• Carry out unit testing of assigned software item
• Update task and defect status in project tracking system
What You'll Need:
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Understand application requirements translating into configurations for cloud infrastructure meeting performance, scalability, and availability service levels.
DevOp with multiple teams advising on sizing, performance tuning and query optimization.
Plan migrations of databases to appropriate engines & platforms, (EC2/RDS, SQL, MySQL, etc)
Assist Application Developers managing conversions of stored procedures into new languages for new target engines, migrate business logic within applications.
Drive troubleshooting and diagnostic activities during incident management.
Push best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns for the company
Proven track record of implementing cloud services in a variety of business environments.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.