Technology | Calgary
Who You Are
You are an intelligent, curious, and skilled engineer with a passion for technology and the cloud. You have a desire to learn new things, a great attention to detail, and have dabbled in AWS, Azure, or GCP. You have a broad array of skills for managing Microsoft Windows to numerous flavors of Linux. You’ve built scalable and reliable services or applications either on-premises in your datacenters or in the cloud. You are a great communicator and thrive when working across disciplines with developers, cloud engineers, architects and business stakeholders.
Your Next Challenge
You’ll join the Platform Engineering team at Getty Images to build and maintain tooling and productivity applications to support the Technology department. As part of your duties, you’ll provide support and guidance to other teams in building, migrating, and continuously deploying their apps into the cloud. Additionally, you’ll work in collaboration with the Platform Operations team to ensure that Getty’s cloud infrastructure runs reliably and cost-effectively.
You’ll participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation where you’ll be responsible for supporting critical productivity and CI/CD applications and infrastructure. You’ll assist in routine patching for Windows-based applications and will work with our team to overhaul the process to be fully automated.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Minimum 2 years of system engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience running infrastructure in a public cloud environment such as AWS (Preferred), Azure, or GCP
- Scripting experience with interpreted languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc)
- Strong expertise with Microsoft Windows management and administration
- Customer-service oriented attitude
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
What’s Nice to Have
- AWS Certification (Systems Architect Associate/Professional, SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer Professional)
- Experience writing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines in Gitlab or similar.
- Experience writing and maintaining Cloud Custodian policies for cloud governance
- Experience working with Docker and various container management/orchestration engines (AWS ECS, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience working with Linux (Amazon Linux, Debian, RedHat, etc.)
- Application development background with .NET, Java, Python, Ruby, or Node.js
- Core networking experience including routing and working with load balancers (F5, Netscaler, etc)
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.